HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is Marriage? (Read 7785 times)
bunny

What is Marriage?
Nov 17th, 2004, 6:19am

"Marriage may be made in heaven, but the maintenance must be done on earth."

"Two hearts that have been merged is marriage; two souls that have been merged is fate."

"Love is not sweet talks and flowers, but love is forgiving and compromising."

"I know that you are not perfect and nor can I claim to be either, but please believe me, when I say that I want to be by your side, to hold your hand, to treasure you in the morning and in the noon-tide, to be next to you, to be held close to your heart now and for the rest of my living years, to comfort you, dry your tears and calm your most frightening fears, to fight your battles and show no shame to scream my love for you out loud all over the land."

"When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize."

"Love me without fear.
Trust me without wondering.
Love me without restrictions.
Want me without demand.
Accept me how I am.
A love like that, will be eternal!"

"I guarantee thereíll be tough times; I guarantee that at some point, one, or both of us is gonna wanna get out of this thing; But I also guarantee, that if I donít ask you to be mine, Iíll regret it for the rest of my life... because I know in my heart, that youíre the only one for me."

"Marriage is made in heaven, but so is thunder and lightning."

"Falling in love is easy, staying in love requires work."

IP Logged
kami

Re: What is Marriage?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2004, 6:21am

Hi!!,,,Everybody!! Grin Grin

This is what Marriage means to me,,

"It is a fragile thread that binds us together, so handle it with care."

"Marriage is like a fine wine, as it ages it just gets better. Look at all the good times and leave behind the bad, for there are more wonders you will find in each, as time passes by."

"The easiest part of marriage is falling in love and walking down the aisle. The most difficult part of marriage is 10 years later when the problems have ensued and issues have come about and you still find love. Marriage is not about the beginning, marriage is about the process and still being able to love through all things."

"As my Pastor stated at the wedding ceremony: 'Don't ever stop dating your wife.' and 'Don't ever stop flirting with your husband.'"

"Determination is the key to a successful marriage."

"Somewhere out there is the man you're supposed to marry and if you don't get him first, somebody else will...and then, you'll have to spend the rest of your life thinking that somebody else is married to your husband."

"Marriage is similar to your husband sprinkling itching powder in your favorite sneakers. The relationship must always be moving in order to ease the discomfort."

"Dealing with in-laws is like walking down a dark hallway with a bucket of industrial-strength glue sitting in the shadows. If you're not careful, you'll step into a very sticky situation."

"For hearing my thoughts, understanding my dreams and being my best friend, for filling my life with joy and loving me without end, I do."
Grin Grin

IP Logged
geetha

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2004, 6:24am

Marriage is like,

"Marriage is like a song, where the Lord's sweet melody of love comes from two hearts joined as one, husband and wife."

"Remember to always tell me you love me but also show me that you really do love me with your actions and feelings."

"True love is displayed during pregnancy. Your husband finds you just as passionately attactive even though you're 30 pounds over weight and your already too big feet just grew one shoe size longer."

"Choosing a love, and then, being strong enough to live up to your commitment of love is the essence of love."

"True love is a high and holy principle, altogether different in character from that love which is awakened by impulse and which suddenly dies when severely tested."

"The real test of true love is having all the things go wrong but there is always special way to love in spite of all the wrong things that may happen ...."

"When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It errupts like an earthquake then it subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision; you have to work out whether your roots have become so intwined together that it is inconceivable that you two should ever part, because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness; it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day, it's not laying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No, that is just being in love, which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love, itself, is what is left over when being in love has burned away. Doesn't sound very exciting does it? But, it is."

"Marriage is not only the beginning of a realtionship but also the end of a life long search for the other half of your soul."

IP Logged
ps

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2004, 6:27am

"I think you're suppose to marry the person you're opposite with, that way two people won't make the same mistake."

"Love is like the sun, even if you reach it you have to put up with a few blisters."

"Marriage is more than the entanglement of two hearts, it is the entwining of two lives, forever."

"Marriage is like a golden ring in a chain, whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is in eternity."

"A man sees himself through the eyes of the women he loves."

"Love is blind but marriage restores the sight."

"Marriage is the passport of making love."

"I would not swap the feeling of being in love with anything, the warmth and comfort you bring to my life, the way you look into my eyes, yes, I will be your wife!"

IP Logged
Gaya

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2004, 6:30am

Hi!!,,,Everybody,,

I found these wonderful sayings of  marriage,,,aren;t they really sweet?... Grin Grin

"True love endures, if it does not, then it was never true."

"Valuing a relationship is not merely done by seeing each other everyday. What counts is how much in our busy lives we remember each other."

"If you love the one you're with you shouldn't dwell on "Firsts" shared with another, for there are a lifetime of "Firsts" to spend on the one you love."

"Stay close to me as we step forward into the future. We can't change the past, only remember the good times, but we can make the past our good times."

"Happiness is being married to your best friend."

"Being in love is a wonderful feeling, but being loved and appreciated in return can be the most wonderful experience that can happen to your life."

"When loving someone never regret what you do. Only regret what you didn't do."

"A man can inherit a house and money from his parents, but only the Lord can give him a sensible wife."

"In marriage we marry a mystery, an other, a counterpart. In a sense the person we marry is a stranger about whom we have a magnificent hunch. The person we choose to marry is someone we love, but his depths, her intimate intricacies - we will come to know only in the long unraveling of time. We know enough about our beloved to know that we love him, to imagine that, as time goes on, we will come to enjoy her even more, become even more of ourselves in her presence. To our knowledge we add our willingness to embark on the journey of getting to know him, of coming to see her, even so wonderfully more.

Swept up by attraction, attention, fantasy, hope, and a certain happy measure of recognition, we agree to come together for the mysterious future, to see where the journey will take us. This companionship on lifeís journey is the hallmark of marriage, its natural province, its sweetest and most primal gift.

In promising always, we promise each other time. We promise to exercise our love, to stretch it large enough to embrace the unforeseen realities of the future. We promise to learn to love beyond the level of our instincts and inclinations, to love in foul weather as well as good, In hard times as well as when we are exhilarated by the pleasures of romance.

We change because of these promises. We shape ourselves according to them; we live in their midst and live differently because of them. We feel protected because of them. We try some things and resist trying others because, having promised, we feel secure. Marriage, the bond, makes us free to see, to be, to love. Our souls are protected; our hearts have come home."

"Oh, whenever I look into your eyes I see all that love has to give: passion, peace, compassion, desire, trust and respect. You are always within me wherever I go. Forever soul mates for life, husband and wife. We began to share a life together as one the day we were married."

IP Logged
amy

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2004, 6:33am

"In love, in order to be happy, you must see the one you love happy... for in his happiness lies your

"Love is not perfect. Rather, a feeling full of problems and hardships. But it is through these problems and hardships that we know that love can survive and endure anything, and shall endure forever."

"You'll always be the only man in my life. My love for you grew all over my heart like a jungle, impossible for any other man to ever find the way through. They could try, but would only get hurt, because you're a very special man no one could compare with and I felt very special you chose me to be your wife."

"Marriage is when two people join together and make each other better people for having the other in their life."

"Lord, send angels for my darling and take her to that home on high; I'll wait my time out, here on earth, Love, and come to you when I die."

"The perfect marriage begins when each partner believes they got better than they deserve."

"So, fall asleep love, loved by me, for I know love, I am loved by thee."

"Everything I've ever done has been for you!"

"Choosing a love and then being strong enough to live up to your commitment of love is the essence of love."

"Marriage is when you go to bed with the same person for 25 years and go to bed with the same person for another 25 years."!! Grin Grin

IP Logged
judy

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2004, 6:36am

"Someday, my dear, the amazement may fade as the sheer pleasure of our souls touching connects all that we feel, unites all that we are, and leaves us understanding that we were simply destined to be."

"The most difficult year of marriage is the one you're in."

"Cherish the love you had yesterday; that you still have today and look forward to cherishing the love you shall have tomorrow."

"Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts that stood their ground."

"It's easy to say 'I love you.' But only 'I do' says you're really one, for always."

"I'm not perfect. You're not perfect. But two people can be perfect together, perfect for each other."

"Infatuation and intimacy ignites love; commitment makes the flame keeps on burning."

"Sometimes, someone may say just a few words to you, but those few words may change your life forever."

"Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life."

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print